It seems like more and more dog and cat treats lately are MORE than just treats - they're treats with benefits. Glucosamine for hip & joint support, probiotics and digestive enzymes, or Omegas for skin & coat health are the most common benefits. Of course, your pet doesn't know about the added benefits - they're just happy to be getting something yummy in their mouth! Treats with benefits are like getting a 2-for-1 deal... they make it easy for us to keep our pets healthy - AND happy!
Hip & Joint Support Treats:
- Zuke's Hip Action is a classic - Delicious soft jerky squares with added Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and Eggshell Membrane. They also contain wholefood antioxidants such as berries, rosemary, turmeric, and sesame seeds. For dogs.
- Ark Naturals Joint Rescue - Not only do these meaty jerky squares contain Glucosamine & Chondroitin, but they also have MSM and sea cucumber, and Omega-3 and 6! For dogs and cats.
Digestive Health Treats:
- Smart Pup's Digestive Health doggy smoothie cups are made from pumpkin and have added Bacillus probiotics to help keep your pup regular. The fiber in the pumpkin makes a big difference, and we know nobody wants to pick up runny poops! Ginger is also included to help settle tummies. Smart Pup can be frozen, stuffed into a toy, or even just mixed with food.
- Pet Naturals Scoot Bars are dog chews with 3 sources of prebiotic fiber to promote fecal volume and healthy anal gland function. Gentle enough for sensitive tummies!
Skin & Coat Treats:
- Mini Yumzies are little soft treats with added Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids. They're grain free, which is great because often times canine skin issues stem from grain sensitivities. They also come in delicious flavors like BBQ chicken and Hickory Bacon!
- Pet Naturals Skin + Coat Treats are tasty duck-flavored chews packed with the right ratio of Omega-3, 6, and 9, plus Vitamin E to keep your dog or cat's coat shiny, and support healthy shedding (i.e. - LESS shedding!).
Dental Health Treats:
- Twistix are dog chews with added Peppermint, Parsley, and Chlorophyll to freshen your pup's stinky breath. They're a fun twisty shape, which helps to remove plaque and tartar buildup through chewing.
- Zuke's Z-Bones are like Greenies (except they are all-natural, more digestible, and USA made). They're grain-free dog chews that come in different sizes and flavors, but they all contain parsley, rosemary, alfalfa and fennel to naturally freshen breath. They're the perfect chewy texture to help clean teeth as dog's chew.
Other Treats with Benefits:
- CocoTherapy Coconut Chips are simple - they're 100% dehydrated coconut meat pieces! Dogs and cats love them, and coconut oil has so many powerful benefits - it's the only natural source (other than breast milk) of lauric acid, a medium-chain fatty acid that has been shown to help with skin & coat, digestion, immune system, metabolism, bone health, and MORE!
- Plato Thinkers are great for picky dogs - they're long sausages that have added DHA (which supports brain function), antioxidants, zinc, and vitamins E and C. They're over 90% meat - YUM!
Kitty Treats with Benefits:
- Smart n' Tasty - crunchy plaque-scraping kitty nuggets with added natural breath fresheners!
- Get Naked Weight Management treats have L-Carnitine to help your chunky kitty convert calories to energy.
- Pet Naturals UT Support treats have cranberry to help keep your cat's urine pH in check, preventing painful crystals from forming. It also has bromelain, which supports the lining of the urinary tract.
These are only a few of our favorite Treats with Benefits... They're awesome! My only question is - when will they be coming out with HUMAN treats with benefits??? I can't wait until I can open a bag of chips or unwrap a candy bar instead of taking my vitamins!